Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats




I have been trying to avoid oats for some years now because I have been found to be allergic to it (I am assuming this is gluten-related), but since I moved to Sweden and the supply of gluten-free oats is higher and they are more common here, I've decided to start eating oatmeal again. I don't really think that I am directly allergic to gluten because I eat regular bread and have no allergic reaction to it, but using gluten-free oats for these snacks made it easier for my digestion and my allergic-like reactions disappeared.

Anyway, I still think eating oatmeal is a healthy way to start the day, or to have as a snack! The chocolate chips and the taste of maple syrup is quite the perfect combination with soaked oats in almond milk. I haven't tasted anything quite like it.

This is mainly a variation of other vegan / gluten-free recipes I found at the internet. Feel free to try this one if you're craving for something sweet, tasty, yet healthy. Eat it any time of the day: breakfast or a snack during one of your breaks before jumping back to work in the middle of the day.

Enjoy!


Ingredients
  • 2.5 dl gluten free oats
  • 2.5 dl unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • ½ tsp cacao / choklad pulver
  • 2 tbsp chocolate chips (dairy free for vegan option)
  • Optional: banana for topping
  • Optional: Nutella (1tbsp)



Directions

Put everything in a mason jar or a plastic container you'd like to bring with you, and stir.
Place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
Maximum storage time is three (3) days.




Kommentarer